King Memorial Library Five Year/Strategic Plan
Goal 1. High Speed Internet and Wireless Access:
- Attend workshops at the library system.
- Ensure that staff is up to date in training.
- Continue to keep up with upgrades to the computers and software in the library.
- Promote the fact that residents/patrons have access to KML resources.
Goal 2. Develop New and Creative Approaches to Advertising Library Services, Programs and Events.
- Enhance relationships with other town organizations to enhance outreach.
- Improve library website.
Goal 3. Continue to provide our patrons with a vibrant collection of popular materials.
- Weed and reorganize the audio book collection
- Reassess the way the materials budget is allocated. Look at what people are checking out/ placing on hold/ patron input.
- Encourage patron suggestions of titles for purchase.
- Review magazine circulation numbers for both old and new magazine titles and assess before renewing subscriptions. Examine ways to reorganize magazines so that we can offer more titles.
- Weed regularly to keep the collection relevant.
Goal 4. Continue to maintain and enhance the building and grounds.
- With custodial and facilities staff, develop a maintenance schedule for the building, including batteries, painting, cleaning etc.
- New projects to improve the building/ grounds.
- Clean out storage closet in compliance with fire code.
- Promote volunteer opportunities with grounds upkeep.
Goal 5. Develop and implement new programs for a range of ages and interests, to maintain the library as a hub for culture, social and education in the community.
- Offer programming that addresses the needs of adults in the community, such as author events, art programs, lectures, etc.
- Offer programming that addresses the needs of children in the community, from toddlers to young adults.
- Look for new grant opportunities for programming.
- Solicit patron input for program wants/needs.
Goal 6. Offer our patrons relevant and needed services in a friendly, helpful manner.
- Investigate options for purchasing a printer that would allow printing from laptops.
- Consider purchasing a tablet for use at the library and circulation.
- Provide homework/ research help for students.
- Work with school to have materials on hand for special projects.
Goal 7. Assess the financial situation of the library Objectives:
- Seek new ways to be environmentally conscious, save on paper, efficient electronics and lighting etc.
- Encourage financial gifts.
- Increase Pioneer School Tax Referendum amount on a timely basis.
Goal 8. Re-assess the Library’s Hours.
- Solicit additional patron input
- Change hours if appropriate
- Determine how best to change hours, if appropriate.